|Distinguished Professor Biswajeet Pradhan is an internationally established scientist in the field of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), remote sensing and image processing, complex modelling/geo-computing, machine learning and soft-computing applications, natural hazards and environmental modelling and remote sensing of Earth observation. Currently, he is the Director of the Centre for Advanced Modelling and Geospatial Information Systems (CAMGIS) at the Faculty of Engineering and IT and a distinguished professor at the University of Technology, Sydney.
His award and achievement are as follow:
- World’s most Highly Cited researcher by Clarivate Analytics Report in 2018, 2017 and 2016 as one of the world’s most influential mind.
- World Class Professor by the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia, 2018.
- Recipient of Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship from Germany.
- Received his habilitation in “Remote Sensing” from Dresden University of Technology, Germany in 2011.
- “Ambassador Scientist” for Alexander Humboldt Foundation, Germany since February 2015
- Received 55 awards since 2006 in recognition of his excellence in teaching, service and research. Few examples of awards include (1) Springer Best Proceedings Editor Award for the 1st Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences (CAJG 2018), 12–15 November 2018, Hammamet, Tunisia; (2) Research Star Award by the Malaysian Ministry of Education (2017), (3) Excellent Researcher Award, University Putra Malaysia (2013), and several others.
- Out of his more than 550 articles, more than 450 have been published in science citation index (SCI/SCIE) technical journals.
- Written eight books and thirteen book chapters and his Google scholar profile can be seen at: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=kuKwsCwAAAAJ
- Completed 23 research projects amounting to USD 14 Million.
- A member of many international professional bodies such as Committee of Space research (COSPAR), Senior Member of IEEE, United Nations Outer Space Research Programme (UNOOSA) and many more.
- Regular reviewer for many international bodies such as European Science Foundation, Dutch Research Council, Austrian Science Foundation, Research Council UK (RCUK), Swiss National Science Foundation, Belgian Remote Sensing Program and many more.
- Associate Editor and Editorial Member in more than 8 ISI journals.
Prof. Pradhan has developed a strong research national network internationally with organisations and universities in Malaysia, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, Vietnam, Turkey, Thailand, South Korea, Mexico, Egypt, Canada, Iran, and Indonesia. Professor Pradhan has widely travelled abroad visiting more than 52 countries to present his research findings.